John Lennox - special public lecture
This event was recorded. Listen or watch here
John Lennox will be delivering a special public lecture at Adelaide University this August. Join us and explore the evidence: will science ever find God's fingerprints?
The lecture will be held in Bonython Hall on Wednesday 13th August 1-2pm, followed by Q&A from 2pm for approximately 30 minutes.
This is a free event hosted by North Terrace Evangelical Students in partnership with City Bible Forum. All welcome!
About the speaker
Prof. Lennox is:
- Professor of Mathematics at the University of Oxford, Fellow in Mathematics
and the Philosophy of Science, and Pastoral Advisor at Green Templeton College, Oxford.
- Born in Northern Ireland, obtained MA and Ph D degrees at the University of Cambridge
awarded a D Sc degree in mathematics by the University of Cardiff for his research and holds
Doctor of Philosophy degree from the University of Oxford and an MA degree in bioethics
at the University of Surrey.
- Published over 70 peer-reviewed articles on mathematics and co-authored two Oxford
Mathematical Monographs and has worked as a translator of Russian mathematics;
teaches science and religion in the University of Oxford; and author of a number of books
on the relations of science, religion and ethics.
- He has spoken in many different countries, in conferences and as an academic fellow.
Lennox has also participated in numerous public debates, including debates with Christopher
Hitchens, Michael Shermer, Richard Dawkins, Lawrence Krauss, and Peter Singer.
- Author of God’s Undertaker: Has Science Buried God? (2009), God and Stephen Hawking, a response to The Grand
Design (2011), Gunning for God: Why the New Atheists Are Missing the Target (2011) and Seven Days that Divide the World
Other John Lennox events in Adelaide
Bonython Hall, Tuesday August 12th, 7-9pm presented by City Bible Forum. More details and tickets
Adelaide Convention Center, Tuesday August 12, 6:45-9am hosted by CBMC. More details and tickets